Football season is here! Temperatures for the opening weekend of college football in Las Vegas have dipped below 110. Seriously, though, high temperatures in Las Vegas should be below 100 soon. The sportsbook might be the best place to enjoy football in Las Vegas, but it isn’t the only place.
There’s a new football party where you can enjoy the games outside but shielded from the sun. Beginning Sunday, September 10, the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center will be showing NFL games. The space will be known as the “Downtown Watch Zone” and will be the largest Downtown Las Vegas football viewing party.
If you’re not familiar with the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center, it’s the open space across from The D that has been used mostly for concerts since opening. In between concerts, there have been fights and another one off events including a huge Super Bowl party earlier this year.
The Downtown Watch Zone will open at 9am and the event will run until 8 p.m. for football on the following days:
- September 10
- September 17
- September 24
- October 1
- October 8
- October 15
- October 19
- October 29
- November 5
- November 19
- November 26
- December 3
- December 10
- December 17
Admission to watch the games is free but seating is first come, first served. If you don’t want to worry about arriving early to get a seat you can reserve a VIP table for up to 12 people. There will be $15 bottomless mimosas served from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. along with beer buckets and cooler specials. On site food options include American Coney Island and Project BBQ.
There’s a William Hill sportsbook across the street at The D. If you plan on wagering on the games but aren’t sure who you want to bet I recommend opening a mobile sports betting account. This will allow you to place football bets from your mobile phone anywhere in Nevada. You can find more information here.
Other Places To Watch Football In Downtown Las Vegas
Not every casino in Downtown Las Vegas has A sportsbook. Here’s a quick look at each sportsbook:
- The California – This sportsbook and bar was renovated last year. TV screens are new and look great.
- Golden Nugget – This independently operated sportsbook is one of the most popular in downtown Las Vegas. They refreshed their displays for 2017.
- The Plaza – The large space is neighbored by one of the best pizza shops in Downtown Las Vegas, Pop Up Pizza.
- Fremont – This older sportsbook has a decent amount of space for a downtown Las Vegas casino.
- Binion’s – The poker room has moved near the sportsbook if you like to play cards while keeping an eye on the games.
- The D – The sportsbook is tiny and the TV’s are old. You might enjoy the view better at the Long Bar downstairs or at the Downtown Watch Zone.
- Four Queens – The sportsbook shares space with the Keno lounge. ‘Nuff said.
- El Cortez – The sportsbook is tiny and the seats are reserved for high tier customers during football season.
There are some other options to watch football in downtown Las Vegas that don’t involve a sportsbook or a big viewing party. These bars and restaurants should have enough TV’s to satisfy your needs
- 777 Bar and Restaurant (Main Street Station) – They have lots of TV’s and great beer at low prices.
- Chicago Brewing (Four Queens) – The bar and restaurant has enough TV’s to catch the games as well as video poker at the bar.
- Long Bar (The D) – This is just a fun bar with a lot of large TV’s. You can’t see them all at once so make sure the closest TV’s are showing the games you want to see.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.