Here’s another episode of “Las Vegas is always changing.” Last year Golden Entertainment purchased the Stratosphere, Casino, Hotel & Tower along with a few other traditional casinos. The Golden Entertainment brand name isn’t used very often by tourists but many drinkers and gamblers that live in Las Vegas know the company because they own more than 130 bars and taverns around the state of Nevada. Las Vegas locals drive past a PT’s Tavern almost as frequently as they do Starbucks.
Welcome The Strat
Now that Golden Entertainment is done making deals, they’re focusing on their new big-ticket property on the Vegas Strip. The Stratosphere is transitioning to The Strat Hotel, Casino and SkyPod. Many guests have called the Strat by the nickname the Strat for years so the name isn’t very striking. However, there’s much more to The Strat than just the name.
Golden Entertainment actually started this transformation of The Strat with a remodel that began in mid-2018. Here’s a look at the changes you’ll already see at The Strat:
- June: The Strat introduced a new Baccarat gaming pit with six tables.
- August: The Strat unveiled the “Elevate” room series, a complete remodel of 311 rooms with new décor, furniture, and amenities designed by award-winning architectural firm, Friedmutter Group.
- September: The Strat introduced an entirely new menu at its award-winning 360-degree rotating restaurant, Top of the World. They now serve steaks and seafood that are complemented by fresh, seasonal ingredients. They also introduced at that time was a new menu of craft cocktails and a new wine list with nearly 300 selections of hard-to-find, boutique selections as well as some of the world’s most celebrated wines.
- November: They opened the 4,465-square-foot Strat Café & Wok. This is a 24-hour restaurant offering comfort cuisine all day long and Hunan-style delights such as orange chicken.
- December: The Strat finalized a full remodel of Top of the World
- Late December: The Strat debuted 108 Eats by James Trees, located on the 108th floor on the Observation Deck. The new restaurant serves chef-driven fresh paninis, inventive house-made ice creams, and other treats.
- SkyPod: They just renamed the area at the top of the tower where guests will continue to enjoy rides, Top Of The World restaurant, and 107 SkyLounge.
Coming Soon To The Strat
The Strat will continue its evolution of the property in 2019. Additions and upgrade include:
- The introduction of BLVD & Main TaphouseView Lounge, offering a full bar and signature cocktails with views of the casino floor.
- A new Race and Sports Book equipped with an immersive LED wraparound wall and the highest level of wagering technology, operated by William Hill.
- A full remodel of the indoor and outdoor Observation Decks on floors 108 and 109, respectively, will also be revealed this spring, along with 108 Drinks joining 108 Eats.
- The STRAT will also partner with Aristocrat Technologies to debut the Link Lounge, named for the company’s popular “Link” game series, which will offer games such as Lighting Link, Dragon Link, and Liberty Link.
BLVD & Main, View Lounge and Sports Book and Race will open this spring at the northwest corner of the main casino floor, with convenient access from the main entrance.
One of the biggest changes is the players club. The new loyalty club, True Rewards, will soon work at their casinos, taverns, and even some supermarkets. The Strat will be the first of Golden Entertainment’s properties to introduce the rewards program that will soon be available at 130+ locations.
You can follow the renovations at stratrising.com.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.