The annual Forbes Travel Guide gives props to a total of 44 businesses in Las Vegas. As usual, the vast majority of the hotels, restaurants, and spas receiving recommendations and stars are located on the Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas ranks so high that only New York has more Five-Star hotels. Las Vegas, Beverly Hills, and Miami are tied for second on the list with six Five Star hotels. Two Las Vegas hotels stand out because of their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Both Wynn Las Vegas and Waldorf Astoria (formerly Mandarin Oriental) were finalists for “Health Security Star of the Year.” This new award was given to Waldorf Astoria operator Hilton. The “Sharecare VERIFIED™” program lists properties that abided by the Forbes Travel Guide’s health security platform.
This year Forbes is recognizing brands and properties that took smart, proactive steps to enhance guest and employee health safety. In response to the pandemic, Waldorf Astoria and Conrad in the Americas swiftly developed luxury service manuals with detailed videos and illustrations to thoroughly describe the modified guest experience with safety in mind. The brand also created a robust cleanliness and disinfection program.
There are a number of properties around the world that have been selected as Sharecare VERIFIED properties if you’re looking for a hotel that takes its cleanliness seriously. You can consult the website for more information.
Back to Las Vegas where you typically get what you pay for. The Cosmopolitan, The Venetian, and Wynn Las Vegas typically have the most expensive hotel rooms in Las Vegas. It should be no surprise that these luxury resorts also have among the best rooms in Sin City. They’re also home to great fine dining and spas.
These three properties dominate the list. Wynn Resorts has 22 entries on the list by itself. Let’s take a look at the venues that received a mention from the 2021 Forbes Travel Guide.
Best Las Vegas Hotels
None of the hotels on the Forbes Travel Guide should come as a surprise. These are commonly known as the best in Las Vegas.
- Aria (4 Stars)
- Aria Sky Suites (5 Stars)
- The Cosmopolitan (Recommended)
- The Cromwell (Recommended)
- Encore (5 Stars)
- Encore Tower Suites (5 Stars)
- Four Seasons at Mandalay Bay (4 Stars)
- M Resort (4 Stars)
- The Palazzo (4 Stars)
- Skylofts at MGM Grand (5 Stars)
- Trump (Recommended)
- Vdara (4 Stars)
- The Venetian (4 Stars)
- Wynn (5 Stars)
- Wynn Tower Suites (5 Stars)
Best Las Vegas Restaurants
Once again, there isn’t a venue on this list that will surprise anyone. These Las Vegas restaurants are often touted as the best in town. These are all great restaurants if you’re looking to splurge on a special occasion.
- Aureole at Mandalay Bay (Recommended)
- Blossom at Aria (4 Stars)
- Costa Di Mare at Wynn (4 Stars)
- Cut at The Palazzo (4 Stars)
- Hakkasan at MGM Grand (Recommended)
- Jean Georges at Aria (Recommended)
- Joël Robuchon at MGM Grand (5 Stars)
- Lakeside at Wynn (4 Stars)
- L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon Las Vegas at MGM Grand (4 Stars)
- Le Cirque at Bellagio (5 Stars)
- Michael Mina at Bellagio (4 Stars)
- Mizumi at Wynn (4 Stars)
- Mott 32 at The Venetian (4 Stars)
- Picasso at Bellagio (5 Stars)
- Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace (5 Stars)
- Sinatra at Wynn (4 Stars)
- SW at Wynn (4 Stars)
- Twist at Waldorf Astoria (5 Stars)
- Wing Lei at Wynn (5 Stars)
Best Spas In Las Vegas
I’m not a spa person but I recognize all of these names from “Best of Las Vegas” over the years. The only addition to this list from last year is the Four Seasons spa.
- Canyon Ranch at The Venetian (4 Stars)
- The Red Rock Spa by Well & Being (4 Stars)
- Sahra Spa & Hammam at The Cosmopolitan (4 Stars)
- Spa & Salon at Aria (5 Stars)
- The Spa at Encore Las Vegas (5 Stars)
- The Spa at Four Seasons (5 Stars)
- Spa at Vdara (5 Stars)
- The Spa at Wynn Las Vegas (5 Stars)
- Spa Bellagio (4 Stars)
- Spa Mio at Aria (4 Stars)
Forbes Travel Guide highlights the best in Las Vegas and around the world. You can see the complete list here.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.