Sometimes, there’s nothing more soothing than a delicious cup of coffee. Sure it’s a good way to jump start the day, but a cup of coffee can be midday pickup or just a warm beverage that warms the soul. A cup of coffee falls into each of those categories for me on a daily basis. Thankfully, there are plenty of places to find a delicious cup of coffee in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas is constantly changing. It’s part of what makes this such a great place to visit and to live. When I moved to Las Vegas nearly seven years ago, there was literally one great coffee shop in my neighborhood. That coffee shop, Sambalatte, now has locations all over Las Vegas. Sadly, the location on the Vegas Strip was closed when Monte Carlo started renovations to become Park MGM.
Las Vegas has become a great place for coffee drinkers and it gets better every day with new shops opening often. While many of the casinos on the Vegas Strip outsource their coffee shops to Starbucks there are delicious cups of coffee all over Sin City. Here are some coffee shops to check out around Las Vegas.
The coffee is still among the best in Las Vegas. The original Boca Park location is almost always packed so seating can be limited. The other locations are rather small and might have similar seating issues if you visit during the wrong time. This is one of the few coffee shops where I’ll dabble into fancy coffee drinks. The Nutella and peppermint lattes are delicious. Unlike many coffee shops, they don’t use too much syrup so there are just notes of the added flavor. Beautiful!
Vesta Coffee Roasters
The first thing you should know is that they have some of the best coffee in and around Las Vegas. You can visit the original location on Casino Center Drive in the Arts District for the authentic downtown Las Vegas atmosphere. However, you’ll find their coffee served at retail establishments all over town. Donut Bar and Neighbors are my two favorite locations that serve Vesta coffee. In fact, the coffee might be the best reason to explore both outlets.
Desert Wind Coffee Roaster
This coffee shop is located behind a gas station and auto repair shop in a shopping plaza on the west side of Las Vegas on Sahara Avenue. Desert Wind is only a few years old but it’s more than doubled in size since first opening. In that time this has become my favorite local coffee shop despite the growing number of customers that can be loud (Get off my lawn!).
Their beans from Kenya are easily my favorite cup of coffee in Las Vegas. They offer the very best specialty coffee drink I’ve ever had. The Heisenberg (from the Breaking Bad menu) is a double shot of espresso with a drizzle of chocolate and caramel. Get it on ice and have a zoom zoom day!
These are coffee shops to visit in Las Vegas for various reasons.
- Sunrise Coffee – This locally owned store has good coffee and would probably be my home coffee shop if I lived in the area.
- Grouchy John’s – The coffee shop has multiple locations and is extremely popular for their sweet coffee drinks. Their nitro is fantastic.
- Bad Owl Coffee Roasters – Visit for the Harry Potter theme and stay for the coffee.
- Cafe Lola – This is a super cute coffee shop that is totally instagramable. Beyond that, the cold brew might be the best I’ve ever had.
- Gabi Coffee & Bakery – Behind the unmarked wooden door is an adventure. There is a little greenhouse/bakery and trees – inside the coffee shop! The coffee isn’t the best in Vegas but this place is a must visit just to see the unique decor.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.