We took a break from news updates to enjoy Thanksgiving and Black Friday and it was awesome. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the time as well. With that brief break we’re stocked full of new in Las Vegas. Hold on to your seat because by the time you get halfway through this update the Vegas Strip won’t look the same. Seriously.
Let’s look at the new Vegas Strip beginning at the south side. The Tropicana announced that they will completely renovating the casino closest to the strip. They will be moving the valet area and adding a shopping area called The Shops at The Tropicana. Daily Fiasco has a photo rendering of what the Tropicana will look like when the renovations are complete.
Heading north on the Strip to Bally’s get’s a little bazaar. Bally’s Grand Bazaar will place 150 small shops (some might call them kiosks) in front of the casino and hotel entrance next year. The people mover that never works and the fountains will all be taken away to make room for the two acres of shopping in front of the hotel. Good luck getting to your room in a hurry. The Las Vegas Sun has more details and renderings of this strange looking addition to the Vegas Strip.
A few doors north Casino Royale will have major construction next year. Denny’s will be closing and moving to the second floor where a patio will be added. Moon’s Over My Hammy and a view of The Mirage never sounded like a reality before. Beneath Denny’s will be another drug store.
Last month Treasure Island announced that they would be renovating their strip frontage and adding a few shops. In that time the Sirens of TI show was put on hold for renovations. Well, now they’re saying that the show won’t return. However, they are saying that the pirate ships and lagoon will remain in tact. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Whew! That’s a lot of renovation announcements. In a year or two the entire Vegas Strip will be very different than the Vegas Strip of the early 2000’s. The times are changing and so is the Vegas strip. Get ready for it! Now for some quick hits since we missed a week.
● Pawn Stars Parody opening Jan 1 at Golden Nugget.
● Planet Hollywood has announced more Britney Spears shows for next year.
● Rod Stewart has added 9 more shows to his run at Caesars Palace.
● The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace has a new “Fall of Atlantis” show. See it here.
● Mel B. wants to have a Spice Girls residency in Las Vegas. I’m in!
Drinking and Dining
● Meatball Spot has opened in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood.
● Las Vegas is top 10 for Pizza and Burger joints.
● Crush is now open at MGM Grand. It takes the place of Nobhill Tavern.
● Morel’s French Steakhouse has a fantastic 3 course holiday dinner. I had it a couple year ago and it was excellent food and a great savings.
Shopping, Sites and More
● There are now 4 places to ice skate in Las Vegas for the holidays.
● If you’re a Disney superfan you should know that they Las Vegas store often has exclusive merch that sells out quickly.
● Every Friday in January M Resort will have free stand up comedy shows. Free to enter with a 2 drink minimum.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.
The casino floor and most
The merger of Caesars Entertainment
The spread of coronavirus across
It’s been a while since
The spread of COVID-19 around