Some of our best and unique Las Vegas memories are tied to our senses. For better or worse, I’ll never forget hearing “Cake By The Ocean” by DNCE at every casino during a vacation on the Vegas Strip in 2016. I notice music often and have so many Vegas memories tied to music.
The sense of smell is also a trigger for Las Vegas memories. Just about every casino smells a little different when you cut through the smoke and whatever else makes the property special. You’ll notice the scent of a casino walking into a property on the Vegas Strip, Vegas burbs, and downtown Las Vegas.
Since moving to Las Vegas, I’ve found one unique casino scent that stands out from the rest. Silverton’s Hot Apple Pie is unique, comforting and stunning at the same time. It doesn’t feel right in a casino because it’s different. At the same time, the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove are as comforting as a bakery making hot apple pies. Mixed emotions aside every trip to the Silverton is somewhat delicious and memorable.
I love casino the smell of some casinos more than others. There are some wonderful scents that have great memories but I’d rather keep at the casino. The same could be said for “Cake By The Ocean” for that matter. Every time I hear that song somewhere I’m reminded of a Vegas vacation.
Not everyone is like me and there are some who might want to relive those great Vegas memories every day of their lives. Well, that’s now possible thanks to Aroma Retail. In part, the company creates candles and room sprays using the fragrances from the most popular Las Vegas casinos. They have other scents beyond Las Vegas but this website isn’t TravelAnywhere dot com.
Aroma Retail has scents from more than 20 Las Vegas casino for you to purchase and bring a little Las Vegas to your everyday life at home. Here’s a quick look at the scents available for purchase. I’ll share the description for some of the more popular casino scents.
- Aria – Asian Garden: A floriental blend of Jasmine, Lily of the Valley and Tuberose with Vanilla, Amber and Soft Woods. Sub Family Vanilla with top notes of Green leaves, Jasmin, Lily of the Valley; mid notes of Gardenia, Tuberose, Vanilla; and base notes of Soft Woods, Amber, White Musk.
- Aria – Pink Grapefruit (used in their spa)
- Bellagio – Blue Ice
- Caesars Palace – The Empire
- The Cromwell – Allure Noir (my current favorite casino scent): A seductive and sensual fragrance with hints of tobacco leaves, cognac and warm leather enhanced by a heart of black cardamom, pepper and nutmeg; supported by exotic woods, amber, and vanilla. Sheer florals in harmony with bergamot, lavandin, and geranium add to the rich complexity of this unique creation.
- Flamingo – White Cashmere
- Golden Nugget – Coconut Breeze (this is the only downtown Las Vegas casino scent available)
- Harrah’s – Mandarin Zest
- The Linq – Linq A
- Luxor – Asian Garden
- Mandalay Bay – Coconut Spice
- (former) Margaritaville Casino @ Flamingo – Sun and Sand: Coppertone sunbathers on the beach with top notes of Lush Orange Blossom, Citron, Neroli; mid notes of White Rose, Sunlily, Hedione; and base notes of Warmed Amber Accord, Amber Musk, Driftwood.
- MGM Grand – Asian Garden
- MGM Signature – Volupta
- Monte Carlo (now Park MGM) – Pomegranate & Sage
- The Mirage (lobby) – Mirage Coconut
- The Mirage (casino) – Tropical Coco Mango: A tantalizing blend of Orange, juicy Pineapple and tropical Jasmine with sweet Coconut and Musk with top notes of Orange, Pineapple; mid notes of Coconut, Jasmine, Lavender; and base notes of Coconut, Musk.
- Nobu Hotel – Lemon Ginger
- Silverton – Hot Apple Pie
- SLS Las Vegas – SLS Fragrance
- Station Casinos – Pacific Breeze
- The Venetian (current) – Arancia
- The Venetian (pre-2015) – Seduction
- Wynn – Asian Lilly
Room sprays and candles are $59.95 each. If you’re curious and want to make sure the scent matches your memory you can purchase a sample blotter for $2.45 each.
Visit aromaretail.com for more information.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.
Last year Penn National Gaming
Resorts World Las Vegas continues
One of the signs that
The annual Forbes Travel Guide
Mohegan Sun Casino at Virgin