MGM Resorts International recently announced that Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at The Mirage will close on Aug. 31. Samba has been a unique restaurant to be inside of a Las Vegas casino. You’ll find a traditional steakhouse in almost every casino today. However, Samba was one of a kind restaurant only at The Mirage. You will not find an all-you-can-eat Churrascaria rodizio restaurant in on any other casino floor.
The price was right for Samba. It was only $40 for a meal with all the meat you could eat and a salad bar. What made the experience special at Samba was that all of the meats were prepared throughout the night. Unlike a traditional buffet, you would never have to settle for old food that may have been sitting around.
Brazilian Steakhouses are quite the experience for meat eaters. The meal is all you can eat but isn’t quite a buffet that you see in most casinos. There is a salad bar to visit if you dare look for something that isn’t hot meat right out of the kitchen. However, most of the food will come to you.
Servers walk around to each table with knives and a skewer which holds various kinds of meat. Depending on the restaurant you could choose from 15 different types of beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp. There are side dishes such as plantains and mashed potatoes available to share. This isn’t a lightweight meal.
The experience can be chaotic with multiple servers walking around the restaurant holding these beautiful skewers of meat. The most fun part of the meal is that every person controls their own flow of meat. Each guest is given a card with a red and green side.
Green means go! Servers will bring you meat as long as the card shows green. If you never turn the card to the red side the servers will keep giving you meat. Believe it or not, it’s nice to take a break mid-meal just to catch your breath.
Have no fear if you love the Brazilian Steakhouse experience. There are still a handful of restaurants that offer all-you-can-eat churrascaria rodizio meals. However, there’s only one remaining Brazilian Steakhouse remaining in the casino corridor of the Vegas Strip.
Here’s a look at five Brazilian Steakhouses in Las Vegas. We’ll start on the Vegas Strip and move out.
- Pampas Churrascaria Brazilian Grille (Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood) – Right in the center of the action on the Vegas Strip. It’s always crowded, so make sure you have a reservation.
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse (360 E Flamingo Rd.) – This location just off the Vegas Strip for the chain is probably the most popular Brazilian Steakhouse in Las Vegas.
- Texas de Brazil (6533 Las Vegas Blvd) – This Brazilian Steakhouse is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. It’s located in the Town Square mall complex a few minutes south of Mandalay Bay if you’re in the mood for a movie or a little shopping.
- Via Brasil (1225 S Fort Apache Rd) – This restaurant is located within a few minutes of Red Rock Casino, Suncoast, and Rampart Casino. Via Brasil is independently owned. This steakhouse feels more authentic than some of the chains. It’s probably my favorite Brazilian Steakhouse in Las Vegas
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse (10975 Oval Park Dr) – The newest location of this chain in Las Vegas is walking distance from Red Rock Casino in Downtown Summerlin.
Click here for a tasty deal at Pampas Brazilian Grille.
Marc Meltzer covers Las Vegas, gaming and men’s lifestyle for various outlets. Check out his blog at Edge Vegas.
There are Las Vegas collectibles
Earlier this year Caesars Entertainment
Topgolf is more than just
The Park Theater at Park
Downtown Las Vegas continues to